Tuesday, February 19, 2013

And I'm Back!

Hello Bloggers and THE SAVANNAH SYNDROME (TSS) fans!  I must apologize for our lengthy delay in posts here.  We had a guest in town and decided to give her our undivided attention, plus I started a new part-time job, but that is all explained in my personal blog here.  The rest of the week should be back to business as usual.  Tomorrow I'll break down a handful of brilliant television shows I've watched the last couple days and give my reviews of them.  Thursday I have a special experience to share with y'all.  And by Friday, we should be all caught up!  This Saturday, I'll have my Weekly Writing Prompt out-ON SCHEDULE.  Which brings us to today, and the first step in catching up:  sharing the late Weekly Writing Prompt from writersdigest.com.  First poem they have assigned, and mine's pretty basic, so don't expect anything deep here.  Just a lot of rhyming.  I'll see y'all tomorrow.  Have a great start of the week!

The Prompt:

"Write a Valentine’s Day poem of no more than 20 lines about spending a Valentine’s Day all by yourself. The only rules are that it must rhyme and the final line of the poem must include the title of your favorite song."

The Poem:

Here it is, yet another Valentine's Day.
Which some may say
Alone is a cruel, cruel way
To spend this loved filled day.
But in truth, I'm really okay.
I mean, just think of all the money I will not pay,
Just to better my chances to lay
Down with someone who could easily stray
Far, far, far away.
This holiday is so cliche,
A card, some chocolate, and a nice bouquet.
Maybe some sexy lingerie
That is a little risque,
To set the mood for a little foreplay
With a stunning body I can survey,
And with every inch I will portray
My love for the right lucky lady who will stay,
But won't try to mold me like clay
Because I was "Born This Way."

No comments:

Post a Comment